Bring Back Reading with Ripa--Stalking Kelly Ripa

Okay, we're not really stalking her (please don't call the FBI), but this blog was born out of the frustration of trying to get our books NOTICED when there is a sea of books published every year. If you can't change it, at least you can laugh about it....

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dear Kelly,

Hey maybe now that summer is officially over and the kids are back in school, you'll have time to answer us! But if not, that's okay. Natalie and I understand. We have kids, we have careers, we have husbands…

Speaking of husbands, I have to say that in most ways, mine is very supportive. I love him, and he really does help me out in countless ways. For instance, when I went to Reno for a conference a couple weeks ago, he took several days off work to hang out with the kids. He's a good buy, BUT, this is how our weekend went:

Hubby, "What are you doing?"

Me, "Working." I'm at the computer, duh!

Hubby, "Is that your book?"

Me. "I have my book file open, but I thought I'd write a quick blog."

Hubby. "Shouldn't you be working on your book?"

Me. "Yes." Big sigh and I shut down the blog and open my book.

TEN MINUTES LATER

Hubby, "What are you doing?"

Me, Gritting my teeth, "TRYING TO WORK ON MY BOOK."

Hubby, "It's a holiday. Should you work so hard?"

AN HOUR LATER.

Hubby, "What are you doing?"

Me, "I thought I'd read. You're right, I need to relax."

Hubby, Turns on TV. "Hey, look at that."

Me, "I don't like boxing."

Hubby, "But he has man boobs. Look!"

Me, "Which one?"

Hubby, "Wait, they camera will go back to him."

Me, "Just tell me when." Back to reading.

Hubby, "No watch! Keep looking."

Me, "You know I hate boxing. It's stupid."

Hubby, "But he has man boobs!"

TEN MINUTES LATER

Me, "Fine, I'll put down the book. Oh look, man boobs."

Hubby, "See. He should lose weight."

Me, "So what do you want to do tonight?" I've put down the book. Hubby has my full attention which I know from experience that was his goal all along.

Hubby, "Shh, I'm watching TV."

Anyone want to guess why I write murder mysteries?

So Kelly, Natalie and totally understand why you just don't have time to answer us. It's not the kids, the career…it's husbands!

Jennifer
http://jenniferapodaca.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home