Bring Back Reading with Ripa--Stalking Kelly Ripa

Okay, we're not really stalking her (please don't call the FBI), but this blog was born out of the frustration of trying to get our books NOTICED when there is a sea of books published every year. If you can't change it, at least you can laugh about it....

Friday, July 22, 2005

Dear Kelly,

Do you happen to know the Pope? The other night I was in the gym working out (and I STILL don't have a cute and tiny figure like you!) and there was a segment on the news about the Pope. It seems that the Pope disapproves of the latest Harry Potter book. I know that because I saw it over and over for days after the Pope made his comments.

Frankly, I think someone might want to let the Pope know that he's going about this the wrong way since his comments actually promoted the book.

But it got me thinking, how can I get the Pope to take notice of my books? Why I'll ask Kelly! She can get the Pope to notice my books. So what about it, Kelly? Really my books are the type to annoy the Pope.

For instance, Samantha Shaw's grandfather is a magician; I'd say that's pretty close to a wizard, right? And Grandpa also does a little breaking and entering on the Internet, surely the Pope wouldn't approve of that? Grandpa would argue that he only does "research" to help solve murders, but I'm not so sure the law, or the Pope, would buy that excuse.

I'm also thinking the Pope might frown on Sam's career—she owns a dating service. What is the Pope's position on dating services? Of course, I'm positive he'd never use a dating service himself!

Then there's murder. It happens in every book. I'm pretty sure the Pope frowns on murder.

Oh and the SEX. Sam has a very hot relationship with her boyfriend, Gabe. Lots of sexual tension, humor and did I mention SEX?

So Kelly, what do you think? Can you run this by the Pope and see if he'd like to publicly comment on my books? I can really use the publicity!

I sure hope I didn't hurt your feelings, Kelly. I am convinced that Reading with Ripa filled a void for women. Women buy the most books, and yet the New York Times reviews books directed at men (again, someone needs to tell the marketing department that little detail), and treat books that women love as inferior. But you treated us as valuable people who enjoy fun books! We miss that, Kelly! But until you bring Reading with Ripa back, we women will have to find other ways to discover terrific books.

So do you know the Pope?

Sincerely,
Jennifer
http://jenniferapodaca.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home