Bring Back Reading with Ripa--Stalking Kelly Ripa

Okay, we're not really stalking her (please don't call the FBI), but this blog was born out of the frustration of trying to get our books NOTICED when there is a sea of books published every year. If you can't change it, at least you can laugh about it....

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Dear Kelly,

I'm starting to feel awfully silly about writing all these letters to you, mostly because you are not responding. But why should this bother me? After all, I am a writer. No response is the name of the game.

I used to think that if I could just GET a publisher, all this waiting and rejection would magically disappear. Boy, was I deluded. Once you sell a book, the waiting has just begun. I talked to a friend the other day, and she revealed that it took an entire year JUST to negotiate the sale of her first book. ONE YEAR. That's 365 days. I guess you probably already knew the number of days in a year. But I wanted to emphasize it anyway, because the only time things move quick in New York is when THEY want something from you.

I finished the revisions on my latest book for St. Martin's, and now I'm in wait mode. I'm waiting to find out a release date. I'm waiting to find out if I successfully made the fixes my editor requested, and I'm waiting to find out if a release date will be scheduled by the time the paperback comes out in March (at least this week it's March. It has moved from June, to April, to March. It could change again tomorrow. I wait a lot.

I think I've covered this theme before. It's starting to depress me. Are you getting depressed? Is that why you don't write?

Waiting to hear from you,

Natalie R. Collins
http://www.nataliercollins.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home