Bring Back Reading with Ripa--Stalking Kelly Ripa

Okay, we're not really stalking her (please don't call the FBI), but this blog was born out of the frustration of trying to get our books NOTICED when there is a sea of books published every year. If you can't change it, at least you can laugh about it....

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Dear Kelly,

Well, things have been kind of hectic here, as the kids (and I) go back to school. Yep, you guessed it. I wish I had nothing but time to write, but so far, I’m not rich, and, and so during the school year I “moonlight” as a teacher. Luckily, I finished my revisions on my next manuscript just in the nick of time, so now I have nothing to do but teach middle school students and ….wait.

It seems that is what this business is all about. Hurry up and wait. Get these revisions done QUICK and then….wait.

Wait to hear if I correctly interpreted the changes my editor wanted me to make.

Wait to hear if I added enough to the suspense level.

Wait to hear if I made one of my main characters more real to the reader.

Wait to hear the scheduled date of release.

I’m always waiting to hear. I’m a wait-ress.

I’m the queen of waiting. I’m wait-experienced. Because I’m not Dan Brown, or some other much more important writer, I’m not the priority.

I’m losing my mind. The truth is, I can barely stand the wait. Whatever happened to instant gratification? There’s something to be said for that, you know.

Oh well. Here I am, and here I wait.

How are things in television land? Do you spend a lot of time waiting, too?

Sincerely,

Natalie R. Collins
www.nataliercollins.com

2 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I Feel Blessed but I'M not Spoilt
    A FLEET of luxury cars is at her disposal - a Mercedes, a Lexus and a Porsche convertible.
    I really enjoyed your blog.

    I have a site about mesothelioma attorney

    check it out if you want

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Intel Turns Page on Gigahertz
    How much of what you drink is becoming an issue in South Korea. Aug. 27, 2005 10:48 AM Who is reading your blog anyway? -Start blogging at your favorite magazine's Website and get published in less than three ...
    Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my 777 related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home